2018-07-30 at 21:39 #2306GeorgeGuest
Martyn … thanks so much for all the useful info you have published. I just finished building the bread-board version with two valves and it is all working perfectly.
The new version 3 that you described looks very interesting and the new features that you have added will add more to this already terrific project. I particularly like the option of adding additional flash outputs and maybe get some double exposures.
Do you plan to soon update the Arduino sketch for ver 3 and make a new version of the app available on Google Play?
2018-07-31 at 07:19 #2307
I’ll try to post the beta versions in the near future. I am busy with work though so cannot give a definite date.
2018-08-19 at 09:12 #2339
Took longer than I expected but I have just added download links dropControllerV3 sketch, Android app, and the Windows app. All are beta version but should work.
I sometimes get a connection error in the Windows app the first I connect. The second attempt always works. I will look in to this when I get time.
2018-08-19 at 17:22 #2344GeorgeGuest
Thanks a lot Martyn. I can’t wait to try it out!
2018-08-20 at 16:06 #2351GeorgeGuest
Martyn … I tried to switch my V1 BT breadboard setup over to the V3 beta. I uploaded the new V3 sketch to the Arduino nano with no errors. I swapped the various new pin positions on the Arduino to match the new assignments for V3 as per the schematic. I installed the Android app for V3 and then tried to connect to the system. I can make a connection to the HC-06 BT module as indicated by the status light going from flashing to solid red, but the Android app does not go into “connected” status. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times, but I still could not get the app to recognize the BT connection.
… not sure what I am doing wrong
2018-08-22 at 15:41 #2352GeorgeGuest
I checked the pin assignments in the Arduino sketch v3. The Bluetooth RX and TX pin assignments seemed incorrect to me, so I changed things back to the Ver 1 pin assignments and assigned Flash 2 and 3 to vacant pins. After compiling and uploading to my Arduino Nano, the revised version now works for me.
2018-08-23 at 06:08 #2357
The control codes that the app sends to the Arduino are not dependent on the actual pins used. The pin definitions are only used inside the sketch. This means you can move the pins around without changing the apps.
In V3 I have moves many of the connections. All the solenoid pins are now on the same register which will allow easier direct pin addressing in the future.
The new connections also take in to account a slightly different layout when using protoboard.
I should note that I have changed some of the control codes so if you are using the new apps with an older sketch not everything will work.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Martyn.
2018-08-23 at 15:32 #2361GeorgeGuest
Martyn … thanks for the clarification. I am far from an expert on this stuff. The V3 Beta sketch seems to set the BT serial to pins 17 and 16:
SoftwareSerial BTserial(17, 16); // RX, TX
The schematic on the post indicates RX and TX on D18 and D19.
I just changed the sketch to match my wiring and that sorted things out for me.
2018-08-24 at 13:34 #2363
You are right, I just checked the sketch I uploaded. I have the wrong pins for the BT connections. Should be 18 and 19. I’ll fix shortly.
- This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 9 months ago by .
Viewing 8 reply threads
Viewing 8 reply threads