Migrating PCB from Arduino to ESP32-WROOM-32D

Forums General Questions Migrating PCB from Arduino to ESP32-WROOM-32D

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SpiroC 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Wim Nijholt

Dear Martin,

I want to ask you via this email for permission to use parts of your hard & software design. My goal is to replace the Arduino with an ESP32. The benefits: Onboard (BLE) bluetooth; WIFI onboard; SPIFFS to store any web pages locally; dual core @ 240 MHz.
    (GPIO voltage of ESP32 = 3.3v)

If you don’t mind using some parts, are you possibly interested in viewing the results? I can of course send you the source + h / w design.

I have no commercial interests, but in my (photography) circle of acquaintances I have already received a few requests to build a similar design.

I would like to add the sensor mode again.

I also want to make the interface web-enabled, so that the controller can be used from any device. That makes the platform independent.

Awaiting your response.

Sincerely,
    Wim Nijholt

#3551 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have no problem with this. The point of this project and website is to share information and have people to build drop controllers.

There should not be any issues porting the code to the ESP32 and I would be very interested in your results, especially your findings with how accurate the ESP32 is for real time events.

Some time ago I did experiments with accuracy and finer times. I tried faster MCUs and found that the processor did not really matter. The slowest part was and always will be the solenoid.

#3686 Reply

Wim Nijholt

Hi Martyn,

Small update…

You are correct, the speed is not my biggest concern, but I would like to operate the device using a web interface.
    The advantage for me is the integration of BT and WiFi.
    The embedded SPIFFS filesystem allows local storage of HTML pages, without need of SD cards. And that for approx $4 (Aliexpress)

Hardware design is tested and ready, 1 thing to do on the Analog input port.
    Digital imputport protected using an optocoupler

More details on the following page: https://wimnijholt.nl/projects

The current Arduino sketch can be used, just adapt the pin numbers.
    On the link you find the details regarding GPIO ports used.
    And one new include.

The development of the code is on its way leaving the original code almost untouched. Just added some hooks to the web part. I hope I can show you the results in short while.

#4335 Reply

SpiroC

How is the progress on web application i really want to try this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Migrating PCB from Arduino to ESP32-WROOM-32D
Your information: