dropcontroller_sketch2019_v3_005_02

Forums General Questions dropcontroller_sketch2019_v3_005_02

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Danny Radius

Hello Martyn

I have problems on upload the sketch 2019 v3_005_05. The errors are :
    1. invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char'[-fpermissive]
    2. avrdude:stk500_recv():programmer is not responding avrdude:stk500_getsync():not in sync:resp=0xa9

I use
    1. Arduino nano v3.0 atmega328p ch340g
    2. Arduino 1.8.5
    3. Windows 8.1

How to solve those problems?

Thank you in advance

Danny

#3559 Reply
    Martyn
    Keymaster

Hi Danny,

you may have an issue with the type of quote character used. Here is a comment from Gordon Gilfether who had the same problem.

Tried uploading the sketch to my Arduino Nano and kept getting the following error message a number of times (warning: invalid conversion from ‘const char’ to ‘char’ [-fpermissive]**).

As I couldn’t get the sketch to upload I ran the compiler tool and got the same errors which also seemed to refer to process NewData. So after trying to research and understand what the errors referred to I went into the processNewData tab on the sketch and noticed that all the references to – receivedChars [0] = “” – the zero had double quotes. I changed these to single quotes i.e.- receivedChars [0] ”- ran the complier which came back with no errors and then uploaded to Arduino Nano without errors.

I have been unable to recreated the problem on any of my computers but enough people have reported it to show it is an issue. Here is an unofficial update with all the double quotes changed to single quotes. It compiles and uploads fine but I have not tested it on an actual dropController device yet (I am not at home).

sketch_dropControllerV3_2019_005_03 (untested)

Please let me know if it works.

#3573 Reply
    Danny Radius

Thanks Martyn for the unofficial update. I will download it and test it later. Because i’m still at work. I will inform the result here

Regards
    Danny

#3578 Reply
    Danny Radius

Dear Martyn,

I already try to upload the unofficial update. And it can be upload to my chinese clone arduino nano v3.0 atmega328p ch340g without error. For information to solve the 2nd problem (avrdude:stk500_recv():programmer is not responding avrdude:stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10:not in sync:resp=0xa9) I face before, I change the board option on the arduino ide 1.8.5 to ardunino uno before uploading the sketch. Now I have to finish the circuit before I try it to the complete circuit of dropcontroller v3. I will inform the result later

Regards
    Danny

#3627 Reply
    Martyn
    Keymaster

It sounds like the Nano has the old bootloader.

#3654 Reply
    Danny Radius

Yes. That’s right Martyn. I already test the unofficial update on the dropcontroller v3. And it works. Thank you so much Martyn for that update.

Regards
    Danny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: dropcontroller_sketch2019_v3_005_02
Your information: