Reply To: Dropcontroller V3

Forums General Questions and Comments Dropcontroller V3 Reply To: Dropcontroller V3

Martyn
Keymaster

Hi John,

Thank you very much for keep developing the drop controller!

My Pleasure. Building the controller has become a hobby in it’s own right.

I build gear for my wifes drop photography (www.anita-k-foto.dk/), and was about to make some modifications to her controller, when I noticed V3. Perfect timing 🙂

Nice site.

We have a few suggestions:
1. In the software, add a enable/disable checkbox for each triggerable item, (camera, flash, solenoids) This would make test/timing shots much easier, this could perhaps replace the “number of valves” function.
2. When/If you make the change to the Mega 2560 or find some extra ports some other way, add more flash,camera and solenoid outputs perhaps a servo or two;-)

I hadn’t thought about enabling/disabling the solenoid valves. You can now turn the camera and flash triggers on/off though.

I hadn’t planned on moving away from the Nano and so don’t have any plans on using the MEGA. If you want a MEGA based feature rich device have a look at Michael Ross’s High Speed Photo Trigger.

I think the two analogue triggers is the end of the extra additions. The whole point of building just a valve controller was so that it was as simple as possible and easy to build.