Reply To: dropControllerPC ver 1.2.0.2

Forums General Questions and Comments dropControllerPC ver 1.2.0.2 Reply To: dropControllerPC ver 1.2.0.2

Dennis Dreyer

First I must report that the Nano failed on me yesterday and I am back to using the UNO again. I have not yet tried the Mega that I have. Using the UNO with these conditions: dropcontroller 010b, windows PC version 1.3.1.1, IDE 1.8.5 used:
When I turn off the loop and just perform a single sequence, the timer times out and I get the popup “no reply received …” The green LED stays on. When I clear the message, the green led stays on. Pressing the start button again nothing happens but the green led stays on. Pressing reset on the UNO allows me to restart over as described above, but after timing out, the message pops up again.
In the case of using the loop button rather than the timer, the operation is the same as if I were using the timer— functions on the first sequence, but times out and the message “no reply … clearing the message does start the next sequence, but nothing happens except the green led stays on (the blue led never comes on)

I have downloaded the 1.6.3 IDE, and I am unable to upload 010b to the UNO getting the following message:
Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Uno”

Sketch uses 7,534 bytes (23%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 686 bytes (33%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,362 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\\.\COM1”: The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.
To follow up from this message, I now see that the com port in the device manager shows an error. Attempting to update it, Windows cannot find the port.

I do not have a serial to usb adapter.