The camera's trigger does not always work

Forums Forum The camera's trigger does not always work

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leszek 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Leszek

Hi Martyn.
    It’s very nice idea and implementation.
    I was looking for something like that and finally found it.

That’s why I made the drop controller, I’ve uploaded a progam and almost everything works fine except for the shutter button. I use Canon Rebel XSI and Canon 7D, and both have the same problem, that is, the shutter release and sometimes (sporadically) the flash do not work. I checked the wires, the sockets on the board because I thought that something is not in contact somewhere, but here everything is ok.
    Most often, the shutter does not work after changing the settings in the application and camera settings.
    I installed the LEDs as in dropControllerBT on a breadboard and the LEDs each time correctly signal the work of the triggers, and yet the shutter and sometimes the flash do not work properly. I changed the flash trigger pulse and camera trigger pulse times, but it did not help (LEDs last longer)
    Do you know what could be the reason for this?

Best regards Leszek

#2225 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

There shouldn’t be any issue with the triggers.

Are you using mirror lockup?
    Do you have, or have access to, a logic probe?
    Have you tried manually triggering the camera by closing the connection?

#2226 Reply

Leszek

Hey.
    I do not use mirror lockup.
    I do not have a logic probe, but I have an oscilloscope.
    That’s how I triggered the camera manually by shorting this plugin which is connected to the system and was ok every time.
    I increased the ‘camera trigger pulse’ and unfortunately it does not help.
    And one more question. Is it possible to add manually to this latest version of the system (as it was in an earlier project)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: The camera's trigger does not always work
Your information: