PCB by Theo

Forums dropController PCBs PCB by Theo

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Theo Bosters 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Martyn
    Keymaster

Theo kindly emailed his design files:

Download the gerber files

#3087 Reply

Craig

The first image doesn’t match the gerber file. Did Theo provide 2 files? Thanks!

#3088 Reply

Martyn

Hi Craig,

the zip download are the files Theo sent to me. The image is taken from a flickr link Theo posted in another thread.

#3128 Reply

Paolo

Hi Theo, I tried to insert on JLC the “Gerber_BoardOutline.GKO” files but in the verification gives me an error.
    I wanted to know if the PCBis is arrived and if they’re ok !!

#3129 Reply

Craig

Paolo, You have to submit the whole zip file to JLC PCB, not individual files. I would not recommend getting this board; at least not the one that is linked above. The file has issues with some of the component slots being the wrong orientation. I ordered 5 of these from JLC but as designed and manufactured the DC jack and the stereo 3.5mm TRS components won’t fit because of the issue. The DC/DC buck converter also doesn’t quite line up but without knowing exactly which one Theo designed for I don’t know if the issue is the board or the buck converter I got. Cheers!

#3133 Reply

Paolo

Ok, I immediately cancel the order, which pcb you advise me, that is tested and working. I thank you for the time you gave me.

#3136 Reply

Craig

I’m currently waiting for the PCB from Luc to arrive. I will let you know when I get a chance to test it out.

#3144 Reply

Theo Bosters

hi all.
    i checked the board that i made as a final, its correct that this is a wrong layout, if its corect there must be another board layout on this side.
    i lost all the files that was made with easyeda, but i found 2 picture from the latest board i made and tested, this board is working but you must be sure that you have the same 3,5 mm stereo jack ( in the original design the contacts don’t match, so switch them if needed).
    I also found a short test movie where you can see that the board is working

front view of the board https://www.flickr.com/photos/panchozya/48329013301/in/dateposted-public/
    and the back https://www.flickr.com/photos/panchozya/48329143652/in/dateposted-public/

Note: this was before the updat from martyn with the other flashes but if he has the updat corect then the other flashes must also working (not tested by me)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: PCB by Theo
Your information: