PCB by Luc

Forums dropController PCBs PCB by Luc

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Martyn
    Keymaster

Luc kindly emailed his design files.

From Luc:

I finally find the time to work further on the PCB.
    I decided to create a Eurocard format PCB. This is a common format and finding an enclosure should not be a big problem.
    On the pcb I did forsee a breadboard area for future experiments or to place a power module instead of the 78L05 that I used .
    In case you decide to place a power module you have to solder wires to the correct location. This shouldn’t be hard to do.

There is enough silkscreen foreseen that is self explaining.

This design is made confirm the design rules of JLCPCB. In order to manufacture the board I created a rar file that contains the Gerber data and the drill files. (see attachment).
    The link of the PCBmanufacturer can be find here: https://jlcpcb.com

A design for manufacturing check is already done by uploading the zip file in the webtool.
    No error reports where given so this should be a walk in the park.

However before you order , please check the schematic again to see if I didn’t make any mistakes.(see attachment)
    The PCB is netlist based so if the schematic is correct the PCB is correctly connected.

I.E On my own PCB’s I discovered that the isolated GND connections for flash 1-3 and the camera where connected to the GND which is not allowed. This should not be the case in your design. But please double check.

If you find issues or you want me to change something let me know.

BTW. The gerber files can be viewed with a free gerber viewer like viewmate .
    Just extract the rar file and load the gerbers in the viewer . The same you can do with the drill files (.NCD extention).

Download the design files
    Download schematic PDF

#3127 Reply

Arnie

I ordered your board 5pcs received them today. Happy so far but need more components.

#3149 Reply

Arnie

Ok what 3.5mm sockets did you design for?
    The barrell of my 5pin 3F07 is too short sitting back from the board edge about 1mm, pushing up the component as well. I may have to file part of the board away to allow it to sit flush

#3150 Reply

Craig

Ok what 3.5mm sockets did you design for?

I used SJ1-3523NG from digikey but it I did find the one Luc put in the schematic at though it’s the same dimensions as the digikey one I bought (14mm).

It also appears that on the board the connection from the optoisolator connects to pin 5 (3 in my case) not pin 2. This means the connection is at the ring terminal (mid) not the top. When you look at the datasheet there is a view labeled “PCB Layout” which shows the view looking down onto the top of the PCB through the component. A simple change in the wiring will fix that so I’m not overly concerned.

I am very happy with this design (great use of ground and power planes plus the breadboard area!). I just soldered all the components on last night. I’m using a buck converter instead of the LM7805. I just uploaded the Arduino sketch so I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet. I’ll post again when I do. Completed board from Luc

#3151 Reply

Craig

Looks like the URL embedding didn’t work for the Digikey and Octopart links. Maybe if I put them as text it will work?
    https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cui-inc/SJ1-3523NG/CP1-3523NG-ND/738692

https://octopart.com/jy039-5p+%28fc68133%29-cliff-30731748

#3154 Reply

Arnie

Looks good Craig
    I am still waiting on some parts.
    I noticed some of the 3.5mm socket schematics are in reverse ie pins 2 to 5. So you may not actually have an issue at all

#3155 Reply

Craig

I confirmed both the 3.5mm socket described in Luc’s schematic (JY039-5P) and the one I used are identical for what pins are used in the board and which part of the 3.5mm jack they correspond to. I just buzzed out a 3.5mm stereo cable and the top/tip is not connected to the optoisolator but the ring/mid terminal (shown as not connected in the schematic) is along with the base/sleeve. Again not a big deal, just something to be aware of to verify when making your cables.

#3163 Reply

Craig

A couple images from my first capture session!

#3164 Reply

Craig

Oops, links didn’t work.

Img 1

Img 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: PCB by Luc
Your information: