Nozzles: BSPT or BSPP?

Forums Forum Nozzles: BSPT or BSPP?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kevin

Hi Martyn,

I’ve mostly built a dropController using an AirTac valve as I couldn’t source a Shako valve (at least in the UK).

However, I’m a bit confused as to whether it’s better to use parallel or tapered nozzles with the valve. The description given here regarding jointing and longscrew threads suggests that I should be using the tapered thread (with the parallel female thread in the valve)…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Standard_Pipe

I wondered which type of nozzle thread you went for? I saw in another thread where you linked to a store on Taobao, but couldn’t make head nor tail of it!

Finally, thanks for all of the useful info & insights on this site!

Kevin

#2202 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

I think all my nozzles are 1/4″ NPT.

#2203 Reply

Kevin

Ah, even more confusion! The data sheet for the AirTac has very little information. The eBay seller I bought the device from has it listed as a BSP thread. BSP is confusing in itself in that if the female part is 1/2″ you need to buy a 1/4″ male thread.

#2204 Reply

Kevin

I purchased some 1/4″ BSPT x 1/8″ Hose ID nozzles which appear to fit fine.

The interesting thing is that the nozzles are not 1/8″ internal diameter but 1/8″ external diameter. So the ID is about 2mm. I wonder if that’s too small? Will soon know!

Kevin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Nozzles: BSPT or BSPP?
Your information: