How to keep valve clean

Forums Forum How to keep valve clean

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martyn 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

techcoze

Today after removing nozzle, i noticed traces of red food color from last photo session. I had used red food color along with xanthan gum.

After the session, i had drained valve with approx 250ml of clean water. I guess that was not enough to clean food color from valve. What’s your recommendation to keep valve clean after each photo session (without dismantling valve)? Shall i run plenty of detergent water through valve?

P.S. – I have refered your video to clean valve by dismantling. But I am interedted to know ways to clean without dismantling valve as regular practice.

#2035 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

If the valves are regularly used then simply rinse with warm soapy water and then rinse with clean water. Operating the plunger while they are rinsing helps a little (not sure how much though).

If you are not planning to use the valve for a while, you really should dismantle the valve and give the inside a good clean.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Martyn.
    #2037 Reply

Techcoze

Thanks for tip! Today i found my valve kinda stuck. I had just rinsed it 4 weeks ago after using xanthan gum water. Opened it up and cleaned internal spring etc. as shown in your video. All okbafter that.

One questions – I shoot alternate week, means I will have to clean valves each time by dismantling. Will valve seals/ o rings go bad after repeated dismantling?

#2038 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

It’s what ever works for you and I’m probably not the best person to ask as I don’t clean the valves as well or as often as I should (look at the photo of the Airtak valve!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How to keep valve clean
Your information: