Hi Martyn, Thank you for creating such an inspiring Web site, so much that I am about to build my own controller. I have managed to get the same components that you have used including the box. I have a few questions about the build.
1. I was unable to get the 2.2k ohm resistor, can I replace it with a 2k ohm resistor.
2. You mentioned that in your next build you would build in drain switches, how could I include this in my build.
3. How can I include an LED to indicate the Bluetooth is connected.
4. You also said that you intend to fit a hardware switch to switch between USB & Bluetooth, do you have any details about this.
I am intending to include the LED’s that you had on the breadboard onto my perf board, having them on daughterboard’s showing though holes in the box.
I know very little about electronics, so this is definitely a leap in the dark. But your Web site is so instructive it gives me the confidence that I can build this unit. Thank you once again.
2. There are a few ways/places you can add them.
The easiest way is simply to add a 12/24v capable switch after the TIP120. The switch would go from TIP120 collector to TIP120 emitter and basically bypasses the TIP120.