Dropcontroller V3

Forums Forum Dropcontroller V3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martyn 6 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Marco

I built the Dropcontroller V3, it works almost everything except the Bluetooth. When will the two analog inputs and the third flash be implemented in the Windows software?

I used a 2,2k resistance instead of a 2k near the HC-06. Can it create problems?

Sorry for my English but I am Italian

#2464 Reply

Martyn

Using a 2.2k resistor should be OK.

I am updating the version 2 sketch and apps and once I have these done I will add a Bluetooth check sketch. In the meantime I have quite a bit on Bluetooth at martyncurrey.com

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Martyn.
    #2468 Reply

Marco

thank you very much you are a myth

#2607 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,

I have updated the apps and sketches and all should be OK now.
    I have also added a short guide on setting up a HC-06 Bluetooth module at http://www.dropcontroller.com/setting-up-checking-bluetooth/

#2616 Reply

John Jensen

Hi Martyn!
    Thank you very much for keep developing the drop controller! I build gear for my wifes drop photography (www.anita-k-foto.dk/), and was about to make some modifications to her controller, when I noticed V3. Perfect timing :-) We have a few suggestions:
    1. In the software, add a enable/disable checkbox for each triggerable item, (camera, flash, solenoids) This would make test/timing shots much easier, this could perhaps replace the “number of valves” function.
    2. When/If you make the change to the Mega 2560 or find some extra ports some other way, add more flash,camera and solenoid outputs perhaps a servo or two;-)

/John

#2628 Reply

Martyn
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thank you very much for keep developing the drop controller!

My Pleasure. Building the controller has become a hobby in it’s own right.

I build gear for my wifes drop photography (www.anita-k-foto.dk/), and was about to make some modifications to her controller, when I noticed V3. Perfect timing :-)

Nice site.

We have a few suggestions:
    1. In the software, add a enable/disable checkbox for each triggerable item, (camera, flash, solenoids) This would make test/timing shots much easier, this could perhaps replace the “number of valves” function.
    2. When/If you make the change to the Mega 2560 or find some extra ports some other way, add more flash,camera and solenoid outputs perhaps a servo or two;-)

I hadn’t thought about enabling/disabling the solenoid valves. You can now turn the camera and flash triggers on/off though.

I hadn’t planned on moving away from the Nano and so don’t have any plans on using the MEGA. If you want a MEGA based feature rich device have a look at Michael Ross’s High Speed Photo Trigger.

I think the two analogue triggers is the end of the extra additions. The whole point of building just a valve controller was so that it was as simple as possible and easy to build.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Dropcontroller V3
Your information: